Government, Military and First Responder Flights
In late 1992, Miami Air was certified as a CRAF Carrier by the Department of Defense to provide commercial air transportation to support all military service branches. Since then we have also provided services to the governments of other countries and various global organizations to support diplomatic, peace-keeping, commercial, and cultural missions. We have also been privileged to support military operations around the globe. As part of the annual audit process that comes with supporting these types of agencies, Miami Air International has been consistently recognized as providing an exceptional level of support and the highest quality of service. We have extensive experience in working with the various agencies, bid processes to ensure that all of the administrative details are tended to, in addition to a customized in-flight experience responsive to any special group requests.
Prepared and Qualified to Serve our Government Customers
- Approved GSA Schedule 599 for easy contracting
- Department of Defense Certified as a CRAF passenger carrier
- Defense contractor security facility
- Management and Crew maintain appropriate security clearance
- Superior on-time reliability
- Teamed with other approved carriers to accommodate missions of virtually any scope
Options for government missions include
- 168 Leather Coach Seats or 68 First Class Seats
- Departure and Destination airports including private terminal or military base options
- No restrictions or additional charges for baggage (including special items)
- Miami Air International Guarantee
- From basic to elaborate meal and beverage options
First Responder Flights
In times of crisis you need an airline partner you can count on to execute against your plan for providing relief teams or evacuation. Geo-political events, natural disasters, and weather events can occur at any time, and Miami Air International is ready to help, 24x7x365. Immediately. In addition to our immediate response to your inquiry, we will follow up with aircraft deployment within hours. We have 20 years of experience in dealing with the most complex First Responder situations including:
- Pre-Hurricane Evacuation
- Humanitarian Relief Flights
- Evacuation due to Civil Unrest or Political Instability
- Recovery from major air traffic disruptions including volcanic ash and computer failures
- Cruise Line guest evacuation due to unanticipated voyage interruptions
With aircraft deployed globally, and the ability to reach some of the most remote locations, Miami Air International can be counted on to provide airlift almost anywhere in the world.
Doing business in parts of the world that are susceptible to weather events or political unrest, some companies require a contingency option that guarantees aircraft availability should the need arise. Depending on the nature of the need and plan, Miami Air International provides a limited number of contingency partnerships on an annual basis. Please call us to discuss your specific needs and review the options with us.
Three Questions to Ask when chartering an aircraft:
- Can you provide details of the airline's financial strength?
- Chartering an aircraft for your group is a significant investment. You want to make sure the investment is safe. Miami Air International has operated profitably for 23 years, is debt free, has $1 Billion liability insurance, and protects your deposits in a secure escrow account. As you shop around, it’s important to ask other charter airlines if they are operating in bankruptcy, and if so, what happens if it ceases operations? What level of insurance do they have? How will they handle flight disruptions, and how is your deposit protected?
- What do you know about the airlines' Safety Commitment?
- We know you are entrusting the safety of your best and brightest team members to us, and we want you to know about our best in class safety program. You should ask any charter airline if they can share their documented program, and if they have completed level 4 of the FAA Safety Management System pilot program. This is the latest, most comprehensive approach to safety.
- Is the airline providing a Flight Operation Guarantee?
- Miami Air International is pleased to provide the “Miami Air International Guarantee” to all of our Incentive customers. While unforeseen situations can arise at any time, we will make sure that your group gets to its destination. Any carrier you are considering should commit to do the same, if they experience a mechanical failure or other cancellation, even if it means bringing in another airline. Regardless of the airline size or financial backing, you should get this in writing. Simply offering a refund on the day your event begins is not an acceptable resolution.